About our Brisbane Singing Studio
Principal Voice Teacher, Gordon Harris (M.Mus.St., BA, Grad.Dip.Mus. (Opera Perf), Cert.T., A.Mus.A., MACE) is one of Brisbane’s finest vocal experts. With an accomplished career as both a performer and a teacher, Gordon has the expertise and knowledge to help you become the singer you want to be.
- University degrees in music, voice and vocal pedagogy from the University of Qld and from Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University.
- Continued study and inquiry through close links with professional bodies including the Australian National Association of Teachers of Singing.
- Practising teacher for over 50 years
- Previously Vocal Teacher at Brisbane Boys Grammar for eight years
- Formerly sessional voice teacher at Queensland Conservatorium of Music
- Teacher at his own home studio for almost 15 years
- Presenter of conference papers on vocal pedagogy and development of the male adolescent singing voice.
- Experienced conductor of choral and instrumental ensembles
- In demand as an adjudicator at both vocal competitions and eisteddfods.
- Former brass player
- Keen singer and performer in amateur productions since early teens
- Has played leading tenor roles musicals such as The Student Prince and operas such as The Secret Marriage, The Magic Flute and La Boheme
- Regular performer in Opera Queensland productions,
- Former member of The Ten Tenors
- Guest performer with such groups as Queensland Pops Orchestra, Operatif! and Brisbane Brass.
Whilst very busy these days, nurturing the talents of his developing students, Gordon continues to perform as often as possible.